Based near Gatwick Airport, Aircraft Leasing & Management (ALM) manages a growing portfolio of 80+ commercial aircraft leased to airlines worldwide. ALM is responsible for the acquisition, technical and commercial management and disposal by sale or lease of the assets in its portfolio. ALM is increasing its technical team to manage future portfolio growth.
The Technical Manager will report to the Head of Technical and support management of ALM and Third-Party client commercial aircraft portfolios, ensuring each asset remains marketable to both lease and industry-standards and manage asset transitions to ensure reduced aircraft downtime, transfer costs and ownership risk.
Duties will include:
- Perform and manage the timely performance of aircraft pre-purchase inspections and ongoing lease term audits while developing and building relationships with lessee technical departments.
- Perform and manage on-time aircraft deliveries/redeliveries/transitions, focusing on minimising aircraft downtime and maximising marketability of the aircraft within the approved budget while maintaining positive lessee and next customer working relationships.
- Perform and manage ad hoc technical projects (aircraft inspections, records auditing, transition management etc) on behalf of Third-Party clients.
- Analyse lessee modification requests for any resulting impact on airworthiness, asset value, and global transferability.
- Perform asset maintenance status analysis and event forecasting including workscope reviews, and support maintenance claim assessments to minimise cash out and maximise maintenance reserves.
- Support LOI and lease agreement reviews focusing on the operational and maintenance standards, delivery/return conditions and mitigation of risk.
- Advise on maintenance facility suitability and arrange and negotiate engineering and airworthiness support services to ensure on time (re)-deliveries within the approved budgets.
- Management of technical subcontractors and liaison with OEMs, MROs, and regulatory authorities.
- Engineering or maintenance management degree or an appropriate B1/B2 Part 66 license and have ideally held an airworthiness review position as defined in M.A 707.
- Broad knowledge of aircraft, maintenance and regulatory requirements with ability to understand the detail and judge the airworthiness and commercial impact.
- A320/B737 family aircraft technical knowledge at both management and working level.
- Project management experience with proven skills.
- Minimum 10 years commercial aviation work experience, preferably with an airline or leasing company background.
- Willingness to travel at short notice and for extended periods.
- Strong negotiation skills and good verbal and written understanding of English including the ability to understand relevant legal and contractual wording.
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
Aircraft Leasing and Management is pleased to announce that it has been appointed as exclusive re-marketing agent for the sale of two BAe 146's